CANCELLATION & RETURN POLICY
Shipping and Returns
Our customer’s complete shopping satisfaction is our No.1 Priority. We want to ensure that you have a seamless experience each time you decide to transact with us. However if due to unforeseen circumstances you are not happy with the product then the following terms apply for a mutually consented resolution of the situation.
If an item you ordered from thedesigncart.com does not meet your expectations do write to us and we will happily try to assist you.
We at The Design Cart are dedicated to offer you the best quality in our products and our services. We know that mistakes are sometimes made though, and we are here to help remedy those problems.
We take stringent measures to ensure that the items delivered to you are in perfect condition. However, there is a remote possibility that:
- The item may be damaged during transit.
- Or there might be a manufacturing defect.
- Or that a wrong item is delivered to you by mistake.
The following policy terms will apply in each of the above cases.
Item Received in Damaged Condition / Manufacturing Defect or Wrong Item
If you have received a damaged item or if the item you received was not the item you ordered or if it was misrepresented on our site, please contact us by email within 24 hours of your receipt of the product. It is important that you save all packing materials as well as the item itself. When you reach us, we'll give you instructions on how to proceed.
- We will express ship a replacement item at the earliest possible with no extra shipping cost to you.
- If the originally ordered item is no longer possible then we will request you to choose an alternate item and express ship the same to you with no extra shipping cost to you. We will communicate with you about your wishes to make sure you will be happy with the exchange.
- Or any other amicable resolution as mutually agreed with you.
Here Are Some Important & Helpful Guidelines on Returns
* Reach out to us as soon as possible on firstname.lastname@example.org
* Always be sure to report your problem within 24 hours of receiving the item in question
* Never send back an item without consulting with us. It's very important that you DO NOT send the item back to us until you have verified with us and no credit or replacement shall be given on such items.
* Always report any and all problems associated with a single order/package delivery at the same time. Be as specific as possible when describing the problem, as all returned items are examined for defects/variations.
* Always return your items using registered airmail/courier as advised in our return authorization mail.
* Any shipping costs of sending back are the responsibility of the customer.
* Please return within 7 working days of confirmation from our end, and with original packing & in original condition (please, no worn, used items).
* We will examine the product you return, figure out what went wrong, and take immediate steps to prevent such problems from reoccurring.
* As safe delivery to you is our responsibility, in the same way sending back safely to us is your responsibility. If something happens in transit and the package doesn't get delivered to us, we cannot help you. So make sure to send thru suggested postal service in our return authorization mail only and forward the details to us and keep the airway bill or postal receipt till it gets delivered to us.
* Please mark the items as defective returns and not for sale and declare a low nominal value.
- Refund can be issued under special circumstances only
- We also take custom orders from our clients for customization and very particular requirements. Please note that no custom orders will be replaced, refunded or taken back.
Notwithstanding the above or any other provision, we are under no obligation to accept any returns or provide any replacements or exchange or store credit. We have sole discretion in deciding whether to accept the returns/ process refunds or not depending on the merit of the case.
Item availability failure -
In case of multiple goods being ordered, if the delivery is not possible for certain items, customers will be requested to select alternate items or if no alternate selection is desired by the customer then she will be promptly refunded against the non-delivered goods.
All credits to be posted to a customer's credit card account take up to 7 business days to be processed. The corresponding bank of the customers may take about 2 business days to actually post these to the customer's accounts from the date we processed the credits. Customers can check these credits in their next credit card statement.
Be Extra Alert when Accepting Parcel from Courier
If the outer packing is damaged or tampered with, do verify the items quality and quantity with invoice before accepting the package from the courier agency. In case of any discrepancy, either refuse to accept delivery or accept delivery only after putting suitable remark on the proof of delivery.
Color & Description Disclaimer
The details of the products or product specifications (for instance weight, color, handwork details, size, etc.) quoted with the product displays are only approximate values.
While every effort has been made to accurately reproduce colours, there may be minor variations in the color of the actual product because of the nature of product. Most of the products sold on our website are manufactured in different lots / batches and a slight variation in shape, color size is characteristic of these products. The image shown on our website may differ from actual product due to lighting and digital photography and color settings and capabilities of monitors.
A customer must place an order keeping in mind this minor variation in color as seen on a computer screen against the actual color of the outfit received.
The Design Cart believes that all the customers who order online are aware that colors seen on a monitor will be slightly different as compared to the actual outfits or accessories ordered.
While ordering on internet, we suggest that customers should be extra careful of following -
- Red, maroon and orange colors have a higher tendency to reflect a different shade than other colors. For example even if you yourself try to photograph from a digital camera or scan a red bead, in most of the cases it will show either as maroon or orange on the computer monitor and vice versa. Though imaging technology has advanced, still no fool proof solution to this problem is available at the moment.
- Many a times green and blue shades also overlap. Same is the case with off-white, white and cream colors.
- Sea Green color sometimes looks Aqua blue and the other way around.
- Some Beads have a textured effect where we can see the lines / shades which is an inherent characteristic of handmade. These are not defects.
- Handcrafted, hand painted and hand made products will always have minor differences when we compare them as they are not made by machines. Each piece will be unique. Handicraft artisans always try their best to make each piece better than the previous one. So, the product will always have minor variation keeping the same theme constant in artistic manner. The raw finish of the handicrafts cannot be compared with machine finished products as this raw finish is the beauty of the handicrafts items.