We're all well aware of how much globalism and the evolution of fashion overall have impacted our daily lives. Not limited to clothing, fashion is a form of self-expression through jewelry, accessories, or any other way we carry ourselves! We often see different "trends" come in, stay and leave. But...
What exactly is a trend?
A new way of satisfying a desire, need, or values of a group of people that is big enough to be visible. The needs and desires of the consumers are constant while the way they’re getting satisfying changes. That change is the trend.
Before knowing about the latest trends it's important to know why we follow them in the first place. Is it a conscious decision every time?
Well, here are some interesting insights:
- It’s fun! And literally a form of self-expression, in case of fashion, it is through our garments and designs.
- A trend subconsciously pushes you out of your comfort zone and motivates you to try something you wouldn't normally wear.
- Needless to say, when you get out of your comfort zone, it brings a change in your personality and even your wardrobe. It feels good to try something new.
- It gives you a sense of belonging. Now, I know it isn’t talked about much openly, but as humans, we like to belong to a certain space, a group of people that feels like home. Following a fashion trend is the best way to do that.
- Lastly, Staying updated with the latest trends gives you so many new options to try and follow what feels most comfortable!
But Who sets these trends?
Global events, cinema and even international or national politics inspire or influence a lot of the latest trends because of their strong impact on people's daily lives.
Now, the most important thing!
Where to find the latest fashion trends that you can be a part of?
If you’re a fashion designer or a boutique owner, It gets really important to stay updated with trends to persuade your audience to try something new!
- Fashion weeks
- Social media
- Global events/Bollywood
- The Design Cart
Magazines are a great way to read detailed reports on trends and even designer brands.
We definitely can't skip this one! Fashion weeks influence trends quicker than anything worldwide. Check out these international and Indian Fashion weeks you can follow to stay updated.
The world of social media is bigger than you’d expect because it contains not only the majority of people across the globe but also their ideas and personal opinions. Just Imagine, how fast a trend can travel with a population of billions of people at the same time!
Juhi Godambe Jain - One of India's top fashion influencers
Another important factor: Fashion has always been influenced by current events. Global events like wars, movies (Bollywood), and even politics have only influenced fashion in these unprecedented times, and it will be interesting to see how our new values and experiences will shape fashion for years to come.
Number 5 and perhaps the most interesting! The Design Cart. You can definitely explore our website, YouTube channel, and social media platforms to find everything fashionable you were looking for.
In the end, It’s us you heard it from.
Let us know what your definition of a trend is and what is your favorite fashion trend? Thank you for your time and stay tuned to your personal fashion cart - The Design Cart.